Christmas Wreath Topiary Trees w/ Red Transferware


Yesterday I hinted at a recent Christmas decor project I'd just finished up and I'm now ready to show it to you all. 



Do you ever have an idea floating around in your head of something you want to create?  I do.  A lot.  More often than not I don't see these ideas in my mind come to fruition, but this is one that I did, and as luck would have it, it wound up that most of the work that I knew it would entail was already done!


  About two years ago I made a cute little wreath with a plate anchored in the center of it.  I'm not sure why, but I never made any others, though in the back of my mind I'd been thinking about a similar Christmas decor project consisting of a trio of wreaths in graduating sizes, one atop the other, planted in a flower pot and forming a topiary.


Well...last year I was at Sams (similar to Costco) and saw these 6' tall wreath topiaries.  They were almost exactly what I'd envisioned (less red transferware) in my mind, assembled as one over the other, each part of the same frame which was great for stability as I'd been thinking about how to 'stack' the wreaths in this way where they would be sturdy.  These even had hooks for hanging something within the wreath!  PERFECT! Some company had the same idea as I did and manufactured these even more sturdy than I'd imagined.  (I'll be suing them shortly for totally ripping off my idea, but for now it proved most convenient! hehe, just kidding.)  I was thrilled to snag two of these after Christmas for 75% off and I've been patiently waiting since last year to put this together.



I selected three graduating sizes of plates to go in the center of each wreath and adhered the appropriate sized disc hangers that I carry to the back of each plate.  


These already had hooks fixed into the frames and I simply had to hang my plates in place of the oversized christmas ornaments that were formerly there.



Did I mention they were pre-lit... and flocked...and came with the removable bows...and already decorated with ornaments and berries?  This turned out to be one of the easiest things ever, thanks in large part to some company having a similar idea and manufacturing these to better specs than I'd imagined!  Woo hoo!

I assembled two of these topiaries and they are flanking a ginormous Belgian styled armoire.


I'll share some more of my Christmas decor in the next couple of weeks. 

Don't forget to enter to win a Novica gift certificate HERE


Joining:
BNOTP
I Heart Naptime
Savvy Southern Style
A Stroll Thru Llife

 Cozy Little House
Southern Lovely
On Sutton Place

Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
 We Are That Family for Works For Me Wednesday
 DIY Showoff
 DIY by Design for Fall Into Fall
Stonegable  for Tutorials - Tips and Tidbits Thursday
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
 Southern Lovely for Show and Share Thursday
 No Minimalist Here for Open House Party on Thursdays
 Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
 The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
 Imparting Grace for Grace at Home


Comments

  1. Now that's my type of craft! Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! So cute....never would I think to do that with dishes! You are the queen of transferware Nancy!!!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, this is a terrific idea. Really classy with the three plates. You were lucky to find these topiaries. Good eye for knowing just what to do with these. I told you I admire your talents. ;-)

    Eager to see more of your holiday decorating............Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy- What a cute, cute idea. I guess that is why you are the Dish Queen-I would never have thought of that- I love it-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning. I love this!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea! Very creative and beautiful. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. Looks fantastic! Just love everything you do, Nancy!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that your little house shoe I see peeking on one of the pictures? :-)Really neat idea! Even though the evil big box manufacturers invaded your brain and stole your idea, at least you got what you wanted in the end! :-) Great buy at 75% off! Your crowning personalized touch makes them look so rich! Very pretty! Oh...I fully expect to find that gorgeous armoire in my Christmas stocking this year, ma'am! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alycia, You crack me up! I don't know what that is but it does look like a fluffy tip of a house shoe! I have a funny story about the armoire I'll have to share sometime. Hugs, N

      Delete
  9. Everything is just beautiful Nancy. I love the ginormous armoire, too!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic and clever idea Nancy!! Goodness and that armoire is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so genius and perfect for your home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The whole display is fabulous. Why can't I learn to keep my eye open for possibilities like that? We're always looking for the Next Big Thing--Nancy, YOU are the Next Big Thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I wonder if big box store will have some more this year! Beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, they are gorgeous, Nancy! The perfect decoration to show off some red and white transferware, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, Nancy! You're just amazing.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. And Sam's won't have those this year, : ( oh well, i love this idea, you are so clever!!!! Suek

    ReplyDelete

  17. You have the touch dear, these are just over the top beautiful.
    I always enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely Brilliant!!! Please go ahead with the suit!. lol...I was wondering how on earth you attached the plates to the tree, but you took care of that question! Love it Nancy! Can't wait to see more of your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea, Nancy! The topiaries are beautiful and so creative. Thanks for joining the Open House party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very clever and so pretty! I think they are perfect next to the big armoire~!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty, and really clever........great idea Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nancy, I came back to let you know your pretty topiary will be featured at this weeks Open House party. Again, thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  23. N this is really brilliant! Love this unique decor reading the previous post now. :) Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love them! Brilliant.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely idea! And you executed it beautifully. I could imagine this with ivy instead of wreathes in the summer.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.