Purple Pansies Transferware Tablescape

I hope all of you Moms had a very Happy Mothers Day!  I did!
  Shawn and I had our Mothers over for brunch and he made us all Swedish pancakes as the main course, a favorite from his childhood and now one of our family favorites - and now also making me hungry for some just by thinking about them.


I set the table with this set of 8 Royal Cauldon Purple Transferware Pansy Plates that I recently got in and had been saving just for Mothers Day.  Sometimes when I get a set of plates or dishes in, I like to use them once or twice before putting them for sale in my Etsy shop.  These plates are hand painted with a scalloped, embossed border....perfect for Spring and early Summer.   




I used a purple, gold and brown paisley shawl as a table runner 


The lavender pressed glass tumblers and gold and green Mexican goblets bring out the colors of the plates.

One of my sponsors sent these napkin rings to me a couple of years ago.  I haven't used them very often but the yellow butterflies and purple, green and yellow berries were perfect for the table.

   I mixed silk pansies with berries and wildflowers and put them in a bamboo handled basket for a super simple centerpiece.



As a Mom, one of the things I'm thankful for is a good sense of humor.  I really don't know how people can get through life without laughing at it...I couldn't.  Fortunately my kids and hubby have great senses of humor and I completely appreciate and love that about them all.  This is one of the cards I got from the kids.  



Have a great week!









Comments

  1. I love, LOVE this! Pansies are one of my many favoties; love the napkins rings!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table, Nancy! The luncheon plates are so pretty for this time of year. I have some Royal Cauldon with the same wonderful rims...I haven't done a table with them, yet. I also have the same tumblers.
    The table runner is gorgeous and such a nice addition to your table.
    Have a wonderful week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful dishes Nancy! I wouldn't have thought of this being transferware. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful table! I love love love the glassware and the shawl you used as a table runner! It is all so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, these are gorgeous plates!! Oh my. I am such a pansy nut and these would certainly make me feel as happy as their pretty faces! Love your centerpiece. This is such a pretty room and tablesetting. I'm sure that everyone really enjoyed themselves because of the beautiful setting you provided! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the card!!! My Mom and I have a sense of humor that gets traded back and forth like that...more me than her because I'm a bratty little kid! :-)

    LOVE the pansy dishes!!! They remind me of that Marjolein Bastin whose stuff I so admire. The RIMS of the plates are just incredible!!!

    I hope all is well in your world! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those plates are to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Nancy. I love pansy plants with their sweet little faces. It's great to have a sense of humor, especially with a large family. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful table for Mother's Day, Nancy! I love those plates, and the way you arranged your table is just lovely. I'm sorry to be so late with this comment... I don't have internet in the summer. But I'm looking forward to catching up with your wonderful posts and being a more frequent visitor!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.