Come on in to my Halloween House Tour!

Welcome to our Halloween house!  I'm sharing photos I took last year around Halloween.  I went all out with my Halloween decorations because I was planning a big surprise party for Ashton's 18th birthday, which is the day before Halloween.  I only had a small window of time between her being away from the house and all of the guests arriving in order to surprise her so I knew I wouldn't be able to decorate for a birthday party besides some balloons here and there.  All of the Halloween decor never threw her off.  In fact, she helped me put out some of the decorations but was never none the wiser! 

Entering the house, you are greeted by Bonehead Bob;



 who's become entangled in a web of spiders.


A creepy skull that omits fog and changes light colors sets on an antique transferware warming plate on the entry table.




The dining room is on the left of the entry way as you're coming in and I put some blood over the door that looks like it's oozing out of the top.


I like to have creepy little unexpected surprises that you have to  take a double look at, so when I found a realistic looking and feeling (gross) tongue, I stuck it just under the lid of the soup tureen.  Hungry anyone?

A few things here and there in the living room add just enough Halloween flair; a ghost in front of the fireplace, and see the books on the coffee table?

The book is displayed in a chain wrapped forearm and hand skull.


But that's not the best part.  The best part is the name of the book.  Check out the title of the red book!  Lauri (my sister) and I each found a copy for .50 during the Summer and we both looked at each other and said, "This will be perfect for Halloween".  We are both October babies and grew up loving everything Fall and Halloween!  But, I have to admit, not everyone has gotten the pun.

And, I don't know why.  Hmmm.  I think it's sort of hilarious... well you know, creepy hilarious and perfect for Halloween. 


Anyway, back to the house tour. A little bat hangs in front of my Mom's painting from the picture lamp above.


And I went around the house and put these bloodshot eyeball light bulb covers on several lamp finials.  Just enough lamp light shines in to make them light up.  If you want to do this at home, the lights are from the kind of lights made for the yard that stick in the ground.  The eyeballs are the light covers and there are so many different ones available...skulls, skeleton, etc.  

Pumpkins line the stair steps...


...and as you leave the living room and enter the family room on the other side of the wall we have a doll house bar that I like to decorate for Halloween and Christmas.  It's covered with ghosts (does anyone remember these from Pizza Hut years ago?), tombstones and lights to make it look sort of like a haunted house and graveyard.




Lace spider webs cling to the lampshades on the table.

They show up so well when the lamps are lit!



Another subtle touch...a skeleton hand hanging over the armoire door.


Out in the sunroom, I filled a vase with branches from around the yard and strung lights throughout.  It makes it look a little like a dead tree next to the huge birdcage where a crow is perched atop.


Back to the entry way where another crow has landed on top of the lamp...

 ...and out the front door where Heads Up Harry says 
Happy Halloween everyone!






Comments

  1. What a great post Nancy..I love the tongue hanging out of your transferware soup tureen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your decorations!! Some very unusual decorations make this it personalized and unique. Where did you get the eyeballs and the tongue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I appreciate the time you take to post a comment and I read them all.